NOTICE OF CALLED MEETINGTHIS MEETING WAS POSTED PURSUANT TO THE TEXAS OPEN MEETINGACT V.T.C.A. GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 551THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE WILL HOLD A REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING ON JULY 9, 2012 AT 6:00 P.M. AT 210 W. COTTONWOOD MADISONVILLE, TEXASCITY OF MADISONVILLE AGENDA
I. CALL MEETING TO ORDERII. INVOCATIONIII. PLEDGESIV VISITORS FORUM (3 MINUTES)V. CONSENT AGENDAAll consent agenda items are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by a motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council Member so request, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal position on the agenda.
1. Approval of the minutes as written June 11, 2012 2. Approval of Accounts Payable as written for the previous month.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
1. Review and possible approve Ordinance 706 on drilling and seismic testing within City limits2. Discuss and possible action on an Ordinance 707 concerning noninsured motorist3. Review and possible approve Municipal Court Fines
VII. NEW BUSINESS
1. Review and possible action appointing a nominee on Planning & Zoning Board2. Presentation from David Stephens, TxDOT Engineer on some proposed projects that TxDot is working on3. Review and possible action on a Resolution 51-2012 conversion of feeder road from CR 104 to SH 214. Discussion on way companies response on request for qualifications concerning vender of choice5. Review and possible approve to proceed with lighting & Air Conditioning portion of the Performance contract.6. Review and possible action on 457 proposal for City Employees7. Discuss and possible action on oil and gas lease agreement with Silver Oak Energy, LLC located on 11.422 acres of land situated on the J.S. Hunter League known as the Rock Yard8. Discuss and possible approval of a Resolution 52-2012 and contract with the Law Firm of McCreary Veselka, Bragg, and Allen, P.C. imposing additional fees for collecting costs on fines and fees.9. Presentation from Roger Padon (Little League)
CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: for possible action resulting from items discussed in executive session.The City Council for the City of Madisonville reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.086 (Economic Development.)
VIII. Department Reports:
1. Municipal Court Report2. Police Department
• Animal Control• Code Enforcement
3. Fire Department Report4. Water & Sewer Department Report5. Street Department Report6. Convention & Tourism Report7. City Manager Report and Investment Report8. Tax collection Report for the City of Madisonville9. Future Agenda Items
XI. Adjournment: I, ROSA BARRERA, CITY SECRETARY DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE NOTICE WAS POSTED ON THE BULLETIN BOARD AT CITY HALL AT 210 W. COTTONWOOD, MADISONVILLE, TEXAS AT 5:00 P.M. ON JULY 6, 2012._______________________________CITY SECRETARY IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE WILL PROVIDE FOR REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS FOR PERSONS ATTENDING THE CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS. TO BETTER SERVE YOU, A REQUEST SHOULD BE RECEIVED 72 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT CITY HALL AT 936-348-2748.I CERTIFY THAT THE ATTACHED NOTICE AND AGENDA ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE CITY COUNCIL WAS REMOVED FROM THE CITY BULLETIN BOARD ON ________DAY OF _________________, 2012.