NOTICE OF CALLED MEETING
THIS MEETING WAS POSTED PURSUANT TO THE TEXAS OPEN MEETING
ACT V.T.C.A. GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 551THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE WILL HOLD A REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING ON JULY 9, 2012 AT 6:00 P.M. AT 210 W. COTTONWOOD MADISONVILLE, TEXAS
CITY OF MADISONVILLE
I. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
IV VISITORS FORUM (3 MINUTES)
V. CONSENT AGENDA
All consent agenda items are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by a motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council Member so request, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered in its normal position on the agenda.
1. Approval of the minutes as written June 11, 2012
2. Approval of Accounts Payable as written for the previous month.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
1. Review and possible approve Ordinance 706 on drilling and seismic testing within City limits
2. Discuss and possible action on an Ordinance 707 concerning noninsured motorist
3. Review and possible approve Municipal Court Fines
VII. NEW BUSINESS
1. Review and possible action appointing a nominee on Planning & Zoning Board
2. Presentation from David Stephens, TxDOT Engineer on some proposed projects that TxDot is working on
3. Review and possible action on a Resolution 51-2012 conversion of feeder road from CR 104 to SH 21
4. Discussion on way companies response on request for qualifications concerning vender of choice
5. Review and possible approve to proceed with lighting & Air Conditioning portion of the Performance contract.
6. Review and possible action on 457 proposal for City Employees
7. Discuss and possible action on oil and gas lease agreement with Silver Oak Energy, LLC located on 11.422 acres of land situated on the J.S. Hunter League known as the Rock Yard
8. Discuss and possible approval of a Resolution 52-2012 and contract with the Law Firm of McCreary Veselka, Bragg, and Allen, P.C. imposing additional fees for collecting costs on fines and fees.
9. Presentation from Roger Padon (Little League)
CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: for possible action resulting from items discussed in executive session.
The City Council for the City of Madisonville reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.086 (Economic
VIII. Department Reports:
1. Municipal Court Report
2. Police Department
• Animal Control
• Code Enforcement
3. Fire Department Report
4. Water & Sewer Department Report
5. Street Department Report
6. Convention & Tourism Report
7. City Manager Report and Investment Report
8. Tax collection Report for the City of Madisonville
9. Future Agenda Items
I, ROSA BARRERA, CITY SECRETARY DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE NOTICE WAS POSTED ON THE BULLETIN BOARD AT CITY HALL AT 210 W. COTTONWOOD, MADISONVILLE, TEXAS AT 5:00 P.M. ON JULY 6, 2012.
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE WILL PROVIDE FOR REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS FOR PERSONS ATTENDING THE CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS. TO BETTER SERVE
YOU, A REQUEST SHOULD BE RECEIVED 72 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT CITY HALL AT 936-348-2748.
I CERTIFY THAT THE ATTACHED NOTICE AND AGENDA ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE CITY COUNCIL WAS REMOVED FROM THE CITY BULLETIN BOARD ON ________DAY OF _________________, 2012.