Madisonville Public Works - Water, Trash, Sewage
210 W. Cottonwood, Madisonville, TX 77864
(If you have an emergency after working hours and on weekends, the Sherriff's office will answer this line and will dispatch the City's "Person-on-Call" to assist you)
City Water Service
The City water comes from three deep wells. CLICK HERE to download the Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. If you own your home and property, there is a $30 service charge to connect water services. If you are renting, a $100 deposit is required.
- Charges for the service inside the City limits - $14.00 for the first 2000 gal. Consumption over 2000 gallons is billed at $2.90 / 1000 gal.
- Water service outside the City limits - $41.81 for the first 2000 gal., with consumption over 2000 gallons billed at $4.15 / 1000 gal.
- Water service for businesses inside the City limits - $30.40 for the first 2000 gal., and $2.90 / 1000 gal. of additional consumption.
- Water service for businesses outside the City limits - $42.05 for the first 2000 gal., and $4.97 / 1000 gal. of additional consmption.
City Wastewater Treatment Plant
The City of Madisonville owns and operates a wastewater treatment plant.
- Sewage service inside the City limits - $19.75 / month
- Sewage service outside the City limits - $38.50 / month
- All Business Customers are charged 70% of the amount of water used.
- All Eating Places, Washaterias, and Locker Plants are charged 100% of the amount of water used.
- Annual Drinking Water Quality Report (click to download).
The City provides street lights through a contract with Entergy-Texas. Each residential utility customer is assessed a charge of $5 per month for this service. All business customers are charged $5.30 per month for this service.
City Services Directors:
Kevin Story - Director of Water / Sewer Utilities
John Reed- Director of Sewer Treatment Plant
Street Supervisor - Richard Byrd
International Code Council
The City is a member of the International Code Council. Therefore, the City is enforcing the Ordinances for Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Gas, and Mechanical. Before doing any of these, please come by the City Hall for your permits.
1-800-368-3749 for customer service
1-800-968-8243 outage information
1-800-669-8344 call before you dig
1-800-ENTERGY to report street lights out
1-800-464-7928 order, new, move, or change existing residential service
1-800-499-7928 for 1-10 lines
1-800-560-7928 11 or more lines
A T & T
1-800-288-2747 order, new, move, or change existing residential service
High Prairie Water Supply
P.O. Box 1228
Crockett, TX 75835
Call Before You Dig: 8-1-1
Customer Service (Residential): 1-888-286-6700
Customer Service (Commercial/Industrial): 1-877-460-7067
Garbage service for the City is furnished by Hutto Garbage. Residential and Business garbage collection service is on a once per week basis. The rate for 1 polycart is $13.93 per month plus applicable sales tax. If you need additional polycarts, the charge is $10.39 per cart. Collection day is Monday for homes and businesses on the northeast side of Madison Street, Tuesday for those on the northwest side of Madison Street, Wednesday for those on the southeast side of Madison Street, and Thursday for those on the southwest side. Dumpsters are available for those who require them. Call the City Office for rates.