Job Title: Deputy City Manager
Under the direction of the City Manager, the Deputy City Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the activities and operations of assigned City Departments. Provides administrative support to the City Manager and will serve as Acting City Manager in the Manager’s absence. This fast-paced position requires a working knowledge of City and departmental policies and procedures. The duties listed ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed, but only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
- Directs the implementation of changes.
- Represents the City and City Manager to staff, elected officials, outside agencies and community groups.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of the budget.
- Meets with citizen and business interests to remedy issues; responds and resolves complaints.
- Attends Planning and Zoning, Building Standards and City Council meetings as required.
- Oversees city projects and perform additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Experience in upper management positions.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Ability to respond to community and City Council issues, concerns, and needs.
- Knowledge of operations, services, and activities of the City.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of municipal budget preparation.
Must have computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets, mathematical computation, and report and letter preparation. Knowledge of Incode Financial Management Systems and Payroll a plus. Needs the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff, City officials and the public. Must possess a valid Class C Texas driver’s license. The successful candidate for the Deputy City Manager should be self-motivated; have an appreciation for accuracy, customer service, and detail; and be able to work independently. Must be available to work evenings and weekends when needed.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on background and qualifications. The City of Madisonville offers a generous benefits program including retirement, health and life insurance, paid vacation, and sick leave.
Interested parties should complete an application and return to the City Manager. Apply Here