NOTICE OF CALLED MEETING
THIS MEETING WAS POSTED PURSUANT TO THE TEXAS OPEN MEETING ACT V.T.C.A. GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 551. THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE WILL HOLD A REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING FEBRUARY 8, 2021 AT 6:00 P.M. AT 210 W. COTTONWOOD MADISONVILLE, TEXAS
CITY OF MADISONVILLE
I. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
IV. VISITORS FORUM (3 MINUTES)
V. CONSENT AGENDA
All consent agenda items are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by a motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council Member requests, an item be removed and considered separately
- Consider approval of the minutes as written for January 11, 2021 and January 19, 2021.
- Consider approval of Accounts Payable as written for the previous Month.
- Discuss and possible approval of an agreement between the City of Madisonville and the County of Madison for the use of their election voting System.
- Review and possible approval to order the City Election to be held May 1, 2021.
- Discuss and possible approval of a Resolution 122-2021 authorizing continued participation with the Atmos Cities Steering Committee; and authorizing the payment of five cents per Capita to the Atmos Cities Steering Committee to fund Regulatory and related activities related to Atmos Energy Corporation.
- Discuss and possible approval of extension of Disaster Resolution for another 30 days.
VI. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: for possible action resulting from items discussed in executive session. The City Council for the City of Madisonville reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
VII. Department Reports:
- Municipal Court Report
Contains warrants added/actual citations issued/monthly revenue
2. Police Department/ Animal Control Report
Brief report on citations issue for the month of January and racial
profiling report and count on dogs, cats, and adoptions
3. Fire Department Report
Report for the month of January on inside/outside fires of grass,
structures, drills, wrecks and the amount of total gas/diesel used
4. Public Works Department Report
Brief report on water/sewer and street for the month of January
5. Convention and Tourism Report
Brief report for the month of January
6. Code Enforcement Report
Report for the month of January
7. City Secretary Report
Important dates to remember for City Election
8. City Manager Report and Investment Report
Report for the month of January
9. Tax Collection Report for the City of Madisonville
A report of total taxes collected for the month of January
10. Future Agenda Items
I, ROSA BARRERA, CITY SECRETARY UNDERSIGNED AUTHORITY DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE NOTICE OF MEETING WAS POSTED ON THE BULLETIN BOARD IN THE CITY HALL OF THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE TEXAS, A PLACE CONVENIENT AND READILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE
GENERAL PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES AND SAID NOTICE WAS POSTED ON THE FOLLOWING DATE AND TIME:________________________AT___________ AND REMAINED SO POSTED CONTINUOUSLY FOR AT LEAST 72 HOURS PRECEDING THE SCHEDULE TIME OF SAID MEETING.
CITY SECRETARY, CITY OF MADISONVILLE, TEXAS
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE WILL PROVIDE FOR REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS FOR PERSONS ATTENDING THE CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS. TO BETTER SERVE YOU, A REQUEST SHOULD BE RECEIVED 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT CITY HALL AT 936-348-2748.
I CERTIFY THAT THE ATTACHED NOTICE AND AGENDA ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE CITY COUNCIL WAS REMOVED FROM THE CITY BULLETIN BOARD ON ________DAY OF _________________, 2021.