NOTICE OF CALLED MEETING
THIS MEETING WAS POSTED PURSUANT TO THE TEXAS OPEN MEETING
ACT V.T.C.A. GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 551. THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE WILL HOLD A REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING JANUARY 10, 2022 AT 6:00 P.M. AT 210 W. COTTONWOOD MADISONVILLE, TEXAS
CITY OF MADISONVILLE
I. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
IV. VISITORS FORUM (3 MINUTES)
The City Council will receive comments from the public on any matters within the jurisdiction of the City of Madisonville, Texas. Speakers will be limited to three minutes each, with the total time for public comment limited to 30 minutes. Persons wishing to participate (speak) during the Visitors Forum portion of the meeting must sign in to participate prior to the meeting. Please note that the City Council’s discussion, if any, of subjects for which public notice has not been given are limited to statements of specific factual responses and recitation of existing policy.
V. CONSENT AGENDA
All consent agenda items are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by a single motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council Member requests an item be removed and considered separately.
1. Consider approval of the minutes as written for December 13, 2021.
2. Discuss and possible approval of extension of the COVID-19 Disaster Resolution for another 30 days.
VI. REGULAR AGENDA
1. Consider approval of Accounts Payable as written for the previous Month.
2. Discuss, consider, and adopt a resolution to designate authorized signatories for the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) program for GLO state contract number 22-085-043-D296.
3. Discuss, consider, and adopt a resolution regarding Civil Rights which includes the following policies:
o Section 3 Policy;
o Excessive Force Policy;
o Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Standards Plan;
o Section 504 Policy and Grievance Procedures;
o Code of Conduct Policy; and
o Fair Housing Policy.
4. Proclaim April as Fair Housing Month: This proclamation will help to fulfill Fair Housing activity obligations as required by the grant.
5. Presentation of the TDA Form A1024 CDBG Section 3 Program Goals Presentation for the Madisonville TxCDBG Project 7220281
6. Discuss and possible approval of hiring an auditing firm to perform audit services on the year October 2020 through September 30, 2021.
7. Discuss and possible approval of July 4, 2022 City fireworks display and band.
8. Discuss and possible approval of Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Madisonville and Madison County, Texas regarding use of County Jail and fire services.
9. Discuss letter that was submitted to: “Acting City Manager Kevin Story, Bill Parten, City Council Members and City Attorney Art Rodriguez”, written by Terri Davis.
10. Discuss Code Enforcement Permits and Violations, Re: Animals inside Businesses
VII. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: The City Council for the City of Madisonville reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development). NOTE: The City Council may adjourn into Executive Session to consider any item listed on this agenda if a matter is raised that is appropriate for Executive Session discussion. An announcement will be made of the basis for the Executive Session discussion. The City Council may also publicly discuss any item listed on the agenda for Executive Session.
- The City Council will conduct a closed meeting to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of the City’s City Manager as permitted by Section 551.074 of the Texas Open Meetings Act. To wit:
- Appointment of City Manager
- Discuss letter that was submitted to: “Acting City Manager Kevin Story, Bill Parten, City Council Members and City Attorney Art Rodriguez”, written by Terri Davis.
VIII. Reconvene to Open Session:
- Discussion and possible action on items considered in Closed Executive Session
IX. Department Reports:
- Municipal Court Report
- Contains warrants added/actual citations issued/monthly revenue
2. Police Department/ Animal Control Report
- Brief report on citations issue for the month of October and racial profiling report and count on dogs, cats, and adoptions
- Fire Department Report
- Report for the month of October on inside/outside fires of grass, structures, drills, wrecks and the amount of total gas/diesel used
4. Public Works Department Report
- Brief report on water/sewer and street for the month of October
5. Convention and Tourism Report
- Brief report for the month of October
6. Code Enforcement Report
- Report for the month of October
7. Investment Report
- Report for the month of October
8. Tax Collection Report for the City of Madisonville
- A report of total taxes collected for the month of October
9. Future Agenda Items
This agenda has been reviewed and approved by the City of Madisonville, Texas City Attorney and the presence of any subject in any Executive Session portion of the agenda constitutes a written interpretation of Texas Government Code Chapter 551 by legal counsel for the governmental body and constitutes an opinion by the attorney that the items discussed therein may be legally discussed in the closed portion of the meeting considering available opinions of a court of record and opinions of the Texas Attorney General known to the attorney. This provision has been added to this agenda with the intent to meet all elements necessary to satisfy Texas Government Code Chapter 551.144(c) and the meeting is conducted by all participants in reliance on this opinion.
I, Kevin Story, INTERIM CITY MANAGER, UNDERSIGNED AUTHORITY DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE NOTICE OF MEETING WAS POSTED ON THE BULLETIN BOARD IN THE CITY HALL OF THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE TEXAS, A PLACE CONVENIENT AND READILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE
GENERAL PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES AND SAID NOTICE WAS POSTED ON THE FOLLOWING DATE AND TIME:__January 7, 2022_AT__5:00 p.m.__ AND
REMAINED SO POSTED CONTINUOUSLY FOR AT LEAST 72 HOURS PRECEDING THE SCHEDULE TIME OF SAID MEETING.
INTERIM CITY MANAGER, CITY OF MADISONVILLE, TEXAS
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE WILL PROVIDE FOR REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS FOR PERSONS ATTENDING THE CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS. TO BETTER SERVE YOU, A REQUEST SHOULD BE RECEIVED 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT CITY HALL AT 936-348-2748.
I CERTIFY THAT THE ATTACHED NOTICE AND AGENDA ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE CITY COUNCIL WAS REMOVED FROM THE CITY BULLETIN BOARD ON ________DAY OF _________________, 2022. BY: ____________________________________________