NOTICE OF CALLED MEETING
THIS MEETING WAS POSTED PURSUANT TO THE TEXAS OPEN MEETING
ACT V.T.C.A. GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 551. THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE WILL HOLD A REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING APRIL 12, 2021 AT 6:00 P.M. AT 210 W. COTTONWOOD MADISONVILLE, TEXAS
CITY OF MADISONVILLE
I. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
IV. VISITORS FORUM (3 MINUTES)
V. CONSENT AGENDA
All consent agenda items are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by a motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Council Member requests, an item be removed and considered separately
- Consider approval of the minutes as written for March 8, 2021 and March 15, 2021.
- Consider approval of Accounts Payable as written for the previous Month.
- Discuss and possible approval of an Ordinance 844 of the City of Madisonville, Texas directing the City Mayor to erect Four-Way Stop signs at Intersection of North Madison Street, West and East Park Street and Three-Way Stop at the Intersection of North Madison Street and East Marietta Street.
- Discuss and possible approval of new water application forms.
- Discuss and possible approval of implementing a Permit Application for street excavation, alteration and utility construction.
- Discuss and possible approval of Waste Connections rate increase for trash pick up.
- Discuss and possible approval of Budget amendments for Grant Projects
- Discuss and authorize the City Manager to issue requests for proposals for administrative services and requests for qualifications for professional services for the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 if deemed necessary.
- Discuss and possible approval of adjustments to municipal telecommunications right-of-way access line rates from $.79 to $.80 for residential, from $1.74 to $1.75 for non-residential and from $2.60 to 2.62 from point to point.
- Discussion on brush pickup around the City.
- Consider and take action to appoint a Mayor Pro Tem
- (L.) Discuss and possible approval of extension of the COVID-19 Disaster Resolution for another 30 days.
VI. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: for possible action resulting from items discussed in executive session. The City Council for the City of Madisonville reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).
VII. Department Reports:
- Municipal Court Report
Contains warrants added/actual citations issued/monthly revenue
- Police Department/ Animal Control Report
Brief report on citations issue for the month of March and racial profiling report and count on dogs, cats, and adoptions
- Fire Department Report
Report for the month of March on inside/outside fires of grass, structures, drills, wrecks and the amount of total gas/diesel used
- Public Works Department Report
Brief report on water/sewer and street for the month of March
- Convention and Tourism Report
Brief report for the month of March
- Code Enforcement Report
Report for the month of March
- City Secretary Report
Important dates to remember for City Election
- City Manager Report and Investment Report
Report for the month of March
- Tax Collection Report for the City of Madisonville
A report of total taxes collected for the month of March
- Future Agenda Items
I, ROSA BARRERA, CITY SECRETARY UNDERSIGNED AUTHORITY DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE NOTICE OF MEETING WAS POSTED ON THE BULLETIN BOARD IN THE CITY HALL OF THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE TEXAS, A PLACE CONVENIENT AND READILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES AND SAID NOTICE WAS POSTED ON THE FOLLOWING DATE AND TIME:________________________AT___________ AND REMAINED SO POSTED CONTINUOUSLY FOR AT LEAST 72 HOURS PRECEDING THE SCHEDULE TIME OF SAID MEETING.
CITY SECRETARY, CITY OF MADISONVILLE, TEXAS
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, THE CITY OF MADISONVILLE WILL PROVIDE FOR REASONABLE ACCOMODATIONS FOR PERSONS ATTENDING THE CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS. TO BETTER SERVE YOU, A REQUEST SHOULD BE RECEIVED 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT CITY HALL AT 936-348-2748.
I CERTIFY THAT THE ATTACHED NOTICE AND AGENDA ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE CITY COUNCIL WAS REMOVED FROM THE CITY BULLETIN BOARD ON ________DAY OF _________________, 2021.